Cincinnati Bridal Shows and Expos
What you need to know BEFORE a bridal show.
Are you going to any of the Bridal Shows in Cincinnati Ohio or anywhere else for that matter? Have you ever been to a bridal show? Bridal Shows are a great way to meet a lot of potential wedding vendors such as Wedding Venues, Wedding Photographers, Wedding DJs/Entertainment, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Dresses, Transportation and pretty much anything you can imagine for your big day all in one room in one weekend. Having said that, it doesn't matter how big or small the Wedding Expo is, your first one will be overwhelming if you do not prepare yourself. Here are the things you need to know to get the most out of these bridal shows.
- Create a wedding email: Everyone including the show host will want your contact information. Every vendor will receive a copy of this information which means you will get a lot of vendors contacting you to try to earn your business. This can get very overwhelming and annoying. Creating a wedding email will keep all of the wedding spam out of your normal email.
- Bring a Sharpie: You will talk to so many vendors at the show you will forget who was who and what made them stand out to you. With your sharpie, you can mark notes or even just a checkmark to remind you to take a good look at them when you are doing your research at home afterwards.
- Do some pre show research: Inevitably you will have already done some homework on the vendors for your wedding. Look at the wedding show's website and see if any of the vendors you are interested in will be in attendance. If so, make sure to look for them while you are there.
- Do not waste your time: If you are not interested in a vendor, do not stop to talk to them. You don't have time and neither do they. As salespeople they will try to talk to you but in reality you may be keeping them from talking to someone who may actually hire them. Don't stay and talk to be polite.
- Carry two bags: You will likely collect information from most of the vendors who say hello to you even if you don't like them. Have one bag for those you are not interested in and throw that in the trash when you leave. Have another bag for those you are interested in. This works with bringing a sharpie because you can distinguish your favorites in that bag with the sharpie.
Here are some bridal shows you will find Images by Daniel Michael Photography:
Wendy's Bridal Show at Duke Cincinnati Convention Center Saturday January 2nd 10:00-5:00, Sunday January 3rd 11:00-5:00
Cincinnati Wedding Showcase at Sharonville Convention Center Saturday/Sunday January 9th/10th 11:00-5:00