Wedding and Bridal Show Guide and Tips for Cincinnati Ohio
Bridal Show Tips 2018-2019
You're getting married, now what!? Headed to a Bridal show or expo? Here are some Bridal Show Tips to help make your trip to Cincinnati's Bridal Shows fun and productive!
Bridal Shows are a great way to meet a lot of potential wedding vendors such as Wedding Venues, Wedding Photographers, Wedding DJs/Entertainment, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Dresses, Transportation and pretty much anything you can imagine for your big day all in one room in one weekend. Having said that, it doesn't matter how big or small the Wedding Expo is, your first one will be overwhelming if you do not prepare yourself. Here are the things you need to know to get the most out of these bridal shows.
- Create a wedding email: Everyone including the show host will want your contact information. Every vendor will receive a copy of this information which means you will get a lot of vendors contacting you to try to earn your business. This can get very overwhelming and annoying. Creating a wedding email will keep all of the wedding spam out of your normal email.
- Bring a Sharpie: You will talk to so many vendors at the show you will forget who was who and what made them stand out to you. With your sharpie, you can mark notes or even just a checkmark to remind you to take a good look at them when you are doing your research at home afterwards.
- Do some pre show research: Inevitably you will have already done some homework on the vendors for your wedding. Look at the wedding show's website and see if any of the vendors you are interested in will be in attendance. If so, make sure to look for them while you are there.
- Do not waste your time: If you are not interested in a vendor, do not stop to talk to them. You don't have time and neither do they. As salespeople they will try to talk to you but in reality you may be keeping them from talking to someone who may actually hire them. Don't stay and talk to be polite.
- Carry two bags: You will likely collect information from most of the vendors who say hello to you even if you don't like them. Have one bag for those you are not interested in and throw that in the trash when you leave. Have another bag for those you are interested in. This works with bringing a sharpie because you can distinguish your favorites in that bag with the sharpie.
- Starting Price: The most common mistake when trying to find out price is to ask for the "starting price". The reason this is a bad idea is because you're encouraging them to quote a low package that is not relevant to your wedding then up selling you later. The proper question to ask is "What is the average couple's total investment with your studio?" I once saw a photographer advertise $200 wedding packages. By the time you had a full day with two photographers and copyright it was $2700.
You will find Images by Daniel Michael Photography at:
Fall In Love Bridal Show in the Reading Bridal District, Wednesday August 29th, 2018, 6:00-9:00 PM This is a completely unique wedding show where you can see the Reading Bridal District vendors in their shops, a fashion show from multiple Bridal Boutiques as well as vendors on the street from around the city!! Come visit out in studio wedding gallery and stay and socialize!
Cincinnati's Premier Wedding Event at Centre Park West Chester Sunday August 19th, 2018, 11:00-3:00pm
Wendy's Bridal Show at Duke Cincinnati Convention Center Saturday January 5th, 2019, 10:00-5:00, Sunday January 6th 2019, 11:00-5:00
Cincinnati Wedding Showcase at Sharonville Convention Center Saturday January 12th, 2019, and Sunday January 13th, 2019,11:00-4:00